Brunker Road Veterinary Centre remains open as an essential service.
To ensure the continuity of care for your pets, new measures have been introduced to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
We are now conducting admissions, consultations and discharges without face to face contact. Your pets will be collected and discharged at our front door by one of our nursing staff.
Please read the following information before making your appointment.
- We ask that you have another person bring your pet to us:
- If you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or a cough
- If you are awaiting a Covid test result
- If you have been to a listed Covid exposure site
- If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
- Please have one carer per pet come to our door with your pet/s on arrival with your mobile phone.
- Please keep in mind that Covid Testing in Date Street will be busy and access to our carpark may be, at times, limited.
- Please allow extra time for parking and for our staff to process your arrival.
- MASKS are to be worn by all clients when coming to our front door
- Clients are to check in via QR Code outside at front door for Covid tracing purposes.
- For admissions – a nurse will call you and discuss your pet’s hospitalisations / surgery. Our nurse will then advise you to come to our front door for your pet’s admission. Our staff will keep you informed regarding your pet’s progress and advise discharge instructions and time. There will be no visiting hours for hospitalised patients.
- For consultations – Your vet will call you on your phone to discuss your pet’s health and concerns. Your vet will then advise you to come to our front door for your pet’s admission with one of our nurses. Once your pet’s consultation is complete, your vet will discuss over the phone your pet’s healthcare.
- For all admissions and discharges:
- Both clients and staff are to wear masks.
- Our staff will use hospital leads. Once these are on your pet, you will be advised to remove their leads, harnesses, and collars.
- Cats are to be brought to our door in a carry box.
- Staff and pet owners are to maintain social distancing.
- One person per pet to accompany your pet/s to the hospital door.
- Payments are to be made over the phone.
- For all medications and prescription food collection. Please call and order first. We will let you know when the item is ready for collection.
- Prescription food & parasite control can be mailed direct to your door. Please call our reception to organise.
- If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us to discuss options for treatment.
Our priorities are the safety and health of our patients, our clients, and our team.